Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rocky Mountain Studios - Thumb Up!




Occasionally I have a good idea and I love to make them happen. My dad's birthday is the 23rd of this month and I really wanted to get something engraved on a sheet of metal for him. He has his own metal refinishing business in California called Johnson Plating Works, and I thought it would look awesome if I got raw material engraved and framed it with a classy Cherry wood frame.



My brother's decided to go in together on it so we could have a little more funds available to make it nice. My brother Jim designed the artwork and I went to work trying to figure out who could make it for us. I went to local trophy shop in town and although I'm sure they would have done a great job for us, they couldn't promise me it would be done by his birthday because they have so much business. I called around and after talking to several places that couldn't do the work I found Rocky Mountain Studios.



I always like family owned businesses because my dad has been self employed for over 30 some years. I like going to small shops to get custom work done because it seems like I get the same type of quality work that my dad would do - something that someone actually thought to themselves "I'm putting my name on this". My grandpa coined the slogan "Big enough to accommodate you, small enough to appreciate you" for Johnson Plating Works and I have always felt like the smaller shops you get more.


 I emailed over the artwork and they promptly got back to confirm they could do the work and they even saved me $15 from the trophy shop in town. I picked it up today and it looks great! I can't wait to give it to him on Thursday! Thanks Rocky Mountain Studios it turned out exactly as I was hoping! Also, thank you Hobby Lobby for the frame! Finished product below!


Rocky Mountain Studios
630 Luck Dr Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
(801) 796-1404


 













- Joe





No comments:

Post a Comment