Friday, February 4, 2011

The A-Team: Maybe the C-Team




I may not be the best person to critique this movie because I never have seen the show but I thought this movie was just OK. We have been catching up on movies at our house and Wednesday and Thursdays have been our movie night. The A-team had pretty good action and some good actors but I felt the story wasn't the best and it was a little predicable. The original TV show starred Mr. T so it had to be awesome - but this movie left me thinking "what have I been doing for two hours?"

My wife picked it out because it had decent ratings on NetFlix and it looked like a "guy movie" for me. The action was pretty cool but it seemed as though the script was maybe thrown together. Some scenes didn't really make sense why they were in the movie, and others didn't really flow well but told part of the story.

The actors were pretty good. I like Liam Neeson as an actor and they had a UFC fighter play Mr. T, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson. Before this movie came out I guess they were looking into having Ice Cube play the part of B.A. Baracus and I think that it would have been a better choice. I enjoyed the ending of the movie which takes a tiny twist but was overall predictable.

I would never have seen this show in theatres and I don't recommend watching it for nothing else but curiosity's sake. Then again, the original show might be cool but only because of Mr. T. Here is a Mr T cereal commercial and a link to a Mr. T Chia Pet just for random's sake!

- Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment