Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things To Do In Pennsylvania: Shady Maple Smorgasbord



A few years ago I volunteered as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Pennsylvania. I have gone back to that area of the country several times since then but in recent years haven't been able to make it back there. It is a beautiful place with great weather, scenery, and history. The people there I found to be really kind and I found some great friends that I will always have fond memories of. I traveled all over the state, staying in different towns for weeks to sometimes months.

We have been trying to save for a trip out this summer, so I can show my wife and daughter some of the places that I fell in love with and feel some nostalgia. This is one of the places we are planning to stop at and eat for dinner. Seriously, this place has everything but the real reason I like it is for the real Amish/Mennonite foods they prepare. It is the next best thing to having dinner at Brother Zeke's home lite by candles. This place is NOT just a buffet it is a Smorgasbord! Check that picture out! It is NOT altered that is real piping hot food on those tables! Check out this commercial that I found! We will be stopping there or lunch if we go out!
We will probably be headed to Stroudsburg, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Harrisburg, Hershey, Lancaster, Gettysburg, New York City, Palmyra NY, and many other places. Where are cool places that you know of in PA that would be awesome to stop at?

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment