Thursday, February 10, 2011

What Would You Do? Robbery

A few months ago there was a lot of robberies involving credit unions and banks here in Orem. I have often wondered what would I do if I was there and saw the act taking place. The last one I heard about actuall happened at the branch that I regularly go into. I asked the teller what the policy is regarding robberies and she said that they are just supposed to give them the money. I would think if a dude shows up in a grocery store with a haloween mask on and walks up to the in-store bank people would get suspicious. Here is a situation where some people got fired for helping and taking the dude down. What would you do if the store or bank you were in was getting robbed?

- Joe Macedone


Video Courtesy of KSL.com

1 comment:

  1. I have been robbed. I worked as a teller at a credit union that was very small and I knew most of the membership. When a guy came in with a hat and sunglasses that I didn't know, I was suspicious. He handed me a note and no one ever knew I was getting robbed. I was terrified but pulled the alarm and pulled the money for him. There was the side of me that wanted to bash him over the head with my keyboard and try to take him down but he told me that he had a gun but hadn't brandished it. The money is insured and can be replaced-my life cannot. There is a place and time for heroics but this wasn't it. Be smart. I was pissed-but I'm alive.

    ReplyDelete