Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Facelift Spied




Several sources have spotted a face lifted Genesis Coupe cruising around town. The pictures I've found are lower resolution and don't reveal much but just the fact that there is a camo'd GC running around the streets means that updates are coming.

New front grill to align itself more closely with the new family waterfall, and from what I can tell it looks as though an updated headlight arrangement with LED around the projector lights matches the design direction as seen on new Azera, Genesis, and Equus.

Most likely new powertrains will be set up under the hood maybe even Hyundai's new Dual Clutch in the works?. A new 2.0T with probably more power and better gas mileage, and also the 3.8 V6 GDi motor with close to 330 hp. There have been rumors of a 5.0 V8 but for some reason ol' Joe Macedone doubts something like that will ever become a reality. I can see concepts in the future but I just don't think Hyundai is going in that direction. I've been wrong before though and it would be AWESOME if I was. In the meantime, stay tuned for more info and pics as they come!


- Joe Macedone

No comments:

Post a Comment