Saturday, April 9, 2011

Facets of Faith: Synergy



  
I think everyone wishes they could be a better person - a better spouse, a better parent, a better friend, a better citizen, and for some a better disciple of Jesus Christ. Life sometimes gets crazy and we forget who we are, what we are supposed to do, what we believe, and who we are trying to follow. I know that I should treat others with kindness and charity but for some reason when I get cut off on the road by a maniac driver I don't remember that I am a follower of the Savior. It hard not to have a "disconnect" with
 what you are supposed to do sometimes.
I can remember growing up that it almost seemed like I was living two lives - the life I lived during the week and the the life I lived on Sunday. I never realized there was a problem with this until I was about 17 and realized that the two people were actually supposed to be the same. I needed to choose which life I wanted because I wasn't fully invested in either one. Life has changed quite a bit for me now, and I have committed to live the life that my family and I find the most happiness in. The Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is lessening.


A little 2000 years Jesus Christ established his Church, like it says in Ephesians 2:19-20 "...and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;". Today we have a prophet and 12 apostles leading The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with Jesus Christ at it's head and focus. Every 6 months the Church comes together to prepare and broadcast a conference for the world to hear.


When I listen to the sermons, speeches, and talks given, I feel the Holy Spirit motivating me to do better, and be better. I can sense the things I need to change to accomplish this and I try and make those adjustments to my life as soon as possible. Synergy between my life as a imperfect human and my quest to be a Saint has been a hard task. I try the best I can everyday to live my life like I should but I still find myself falling short of the example Jesus set. I will never be perfect like Him but I can try to come as close as I can with hope to be perfected in Him like it says in Moroni 10:32.

As I work at turning myself into a Saint, or follower of Christ, I find it easier and easier to bring both lives together in harmony with each other. That might sound crazy being a car salesman but it is true. It is easier to avoid doing things that wouldn't make God proud of me at home, at school, and at work. I hope someday to become a better husband, father, brother, and friend. I know the path to achieve these things is by living the gospel of Jesus Christ better in my day to day life. So if you are working on overcoming a spiritual "multiple personality disorder" good luck. It will be a long road but we can do it with God's help.

- Joe Macedone


Moroni 10:32 - "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment